Saturday, May 17, 2014

Freezer Meal Prep

I am going to break down exactly how I do this whole freezer meal thing..... This saves me a bunch of time and money especially for my lunches. My goal is lots of protein... i usually find a recipe and double the protein and limit the carbs. My stomach is very small and I can't hold what a normal person can. So these portion sizes are for me and Noah.

Things you will need:

Kitchen Scale-- this is essential to measure everything you have to make sure that each portion is exactly the same so you can properly calculate nutrition information. I add everything into myfitnesspal. 

Lots of patience- this is a given :)

General Suggestions:

Chicken: Most everything I make has chicken as the protein. I try to buy approximately 5lb packages. This is usually around 6 breasts. I use three for one recipe and three for another, so each of the recipes gets about 2.5lbs of chicken breast.

Boiled Chicken: I place the chicken in a pot of water. Add salt, pepper, a roughly chopped onion and minced garlic. Let it boil until done. Once it is cooled then shred with a fork.

Raw Chicken: I try and slice the pieces length wise as thin as I can and as small as I can if the pieces are large and in chunks then not as much flavor has the chance to soak into the meat. It is also easier to eat.

A few of my favorite things:

LaBanderita Fajita size tortillas: I use these for all my wraps. I can’t find any low-carb wraps in the fajita size, so I continue to use these. Once I am ready to eat them, I peel away the extra tortilla that is not needed. I do realize it does not save me many carbs, but it does save a few.

Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch: LOVE this stuff... I use it in my pasta salad and buffalo chicken dip. I can only find it at Wal-Mart. I have looked at Meijer, Kroger, and Publix.. Wal-Mart always has it. I usually buy a few packets at a time, cause you never know when you can use this yummy addition.


I usually do a few recipes a day. Doing them all at once is exhausting! Lots and lots of dishes to clean!!!! I will provide recipes as I write them out for things I have tried and liked. Hope that you will find this all helpful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment